Des Moines, Iowa – How? By purchasing your ticket for the Iowa Build a Wildlife Area gun raffle sponsored by the Iowa Pheasants Forever State Council. Fifty-two brand new firearms – total value of $78,000 – will be raffled off, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to purchasing new public hunting and recreation areas in Iowa.
The Build a Wildlife Area program puts 100 percent of the funds raised directly toward land acquisitions utilizing state, federal and other grants. Pheasants Forever, the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Iowa County Conservation Boards and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service launched Iowa’s Build a Wildlife Area campaign effort in 2006. Since then, Iowa Build a Wildlife Area campaigns have resulted in over 1,100 acres that have been opened to public hunting and outdoor recreation.
Iowa Build a Wildlife Area Gun Raffle
- Impressive gun list includes Browning Maxus, Winchester SX3, Benelli Super Black Eagle II and more!
- Limited to 3,000 tickets.
- Winning tickets placed back in drawing, meaning every single ticket has an opportunity at all 52 guns.
- Tickets are $50 each and are available through your local Iowa Pheasants Forever or Iowa Quail Forever chapter.
- Gun raffle drawing to be held at Pheasants Forever’s National Pheasant Fest 2010, coming to the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines February 26-28.
- Gun winners posted one week after drawing at www.IowaPF.org.
“The raffle sports over/unders, repeaters, pumps and rifles, which we’re excited to raffle off at National Pheasant Fest,” said Mike Schmitz, Iowa Pheasants Forever State Council president, “And it all supports Pheasants Forever’s wildlife habitat mission. Pheasants and quail have been hit hard in Iowa the past few years by habitat loss and harsh winters, so it’s vital that we continue to create wildlife areas, especially ones that the public can enjoy.”