I had the privilege of using the Nomad V2 digital compass by Brunton. Brunton is a very prestigious outdoor company that manufactures many reliable camping, hunting, and survival products. Using this compass, I now have respect and trust with Brunton and would like to use more of their products.
I went to Canada this past week on a camping/fishing trip in Ontario. We traveled 30 miles into the middle of nowhere. I brought my Nomad V2 compass with to get to know how to use it and see how it would help. It helped us all throughout the trip and exceeded its expectations.
Its compass mode came in handy when we went on our hikes. The woods are very thick and can be almost impossible to navigate in. Using the compass we were able to navigate our way back to camp after walking about a mile through the Canadian woods. The time and date modes helped us every day. We got off the lake at 3 pm every day to eat and the compass helped us keep track of time. The week goes by really fast and sometimes keeping track of the days gets confusing; but not with the date hanging right from my neck. Throughout the whole trip the weather was averaged at about 80 degrees. Without my Nomad V2 I couldn’t tell anyone this important fact to describe the trip. In the morning the temperature got down to 47 degrees too, just to let you know. We didn’t find a reason for the stopwatch mode, but I know I can use it back home when I go on runs to see my physical improvement. The Alarm clock mode was very useful every morning. We got up at 7 am every morning and it was hard to get up because we fished all day in the sun; that takes a lot out of a person. Timer mode was useful when we were cooking. We cooked the majority of our food in the deep fryer, and to make sure the food was cooked just right we used the timer to tell us when it was done while doing something else.
These are all examples of the usefulness of each mode. There are many more ways the Brunton Nomad V2 can help someone. If you want to spend less on a quality navigational tool, then get this product. It will be worth your money.
- Value: 4 out of 5
- Durability: 5 out of 5
- Ease of use: 2 out of 5
- Size: 5 out of 5
- Very nice tool to tell you direction, time, temperature, and date. Also includes a timer, alarm clock, and stopwatch mode which all can also come in handy.
- Very small for packing light and doesn’t strain the neck.
- Great for a challenge! Outdoorsmen that like to not have the latest technology for a challenge will love this tool.
- Awesome for Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, etc.Has a calibrating mode to find “True North”, not just magnetic North.
- Very accurate!
- Attractive appearance
- Very durable and water resistant.
- Has backlight for lowlight situations.
- This Compass is hard to understand and is extremely complicated because it is electronic. The instructions and directions are very important to read and understand and take time to understand.
- Latest technology (GPS) replaces the need for this type of electronic compass if you do not mind the expense.
- Compass can be false if around metal objects