Springfield XDM (9mm)
So I’ve had an itch to buy the Springfield XDM for a while now and finally did. I went out and gave her a few rounds to give it a good chance to impress me and here is what I found.
- The two 19 round magazines that come standard are very durable and have a strong springs.
- It feels great in the hand and is extremely easy to use.
- It has three different grip configurations that can be changed in an out depending on what feels best in the shooters hand.
- It also comes with a speed loader which is necessary because the spring in the clip gets a little tough by about the 13th round you load.
- The cleaning kit it comes with is pretty simple, but then again so is the gun so I cant complain about it.
- The case fits all the accessories, looks great, and is very durable.
I’m a first time handgun owner and when I looked for an easy to use handgun, that was in the $600-$1000 range every gun shop I went to told me that the Springfield XDM was the gun to buy. So I took their advice, and after about a 1000 rounds without a jam or malfunction with different kinds of ammo I think they were right. Not to mention the XDM received the 2009 pistol of the year.