Quantcast
You Are Here: Home » Pro-Staff Blog

The Game Slayer Release Catcher

I believe in the “KISS” (keep it simple stupid) philosophy of life and that parlays into quite of bit of my hunting gear. The Game Slayer Hunting Release Catcher is a simple tool for under $10.00 that has a ton of uses while bowhunting. The Release Catcher is a simple velcro strap with an elastic strap on the top of it allowing you to secure your release, keeping it from moving and knocking on your treestan ...

Read more

HuntingLife Interview Julie McQueen

Julie McQueen found her way into the hunting industry as a pro staffer back before any other girl had even tried. Julie has also made a name for herself in the fashion industry by working in Los Angeles, New York, and all over Europe. She just might be the only girl to fly from a photo shoot in France, land in the US, and climb directly into a tree stand. Her trophy collection speaks for itself, but she isn ...

Read more

The Benefits of Hunting in the Rain

You wake up on the day of the big hunt, and lo and behold, it's decided to rain. You're going to have to postpone for a few more days while this rain clears up, you suppose. Not much use trying to go out today. But wait, not so fast! Hunting in the rain can actually be more rewarding than hunting when the sky is clear, so don't put away your gear just yet. Why hunt in the rain? Here are just some of the rea ...

Read more

Hunter Ed Safety Tip: Watch Out for Target Fixation

Imagine this situation: It’s a beautiful fall evening. You have your trusty rifle in hand and a buck tag burning a hole in your pocket. It’s been all day, but you haven’t found any game yet. Frustrated, you tromp into the meadow below. All of a sudden, you catch a flurry of brown and white out of the corner of your eye. You reposition to get a better look. Is it a buck? Is it a doe? Buck. All right! You lif ...

Read more

Missouri Must Count on Senator McCaskill for Clean Water

The State Fair is Missouri’s grand celebration of agriculture. It’s our annual gathering of rural communities coming together to show and tell, laugh, love, eat, drink and be merry. It’s also a time for rural republican legislators to jump on their soapboxes and pontificate to their base. There’s no denying the political divide in our country. Mere percentage points win elections. But you would think certai ...

Read more

Bass Masters Elite Fisherman Bill Lowen by Andy McDaniels

His Passion for the Water Encompasses Both Hunting, and Fishing.   At the recent American Sportfishing Association’s ICAST show in Orlando Florida, I met a man named Bill Lowen. Bill is 39, a family man with two young kids and he fishes the Bassmaster Elite Series. For me that definitely makes him an authority on bass fishing. I checked out his career statistics and he is without a question, a darn goo ...

Read more

Elk Conservation Month at Bass Pro Shops

  I love this time of year. Right before hunting season it is shopping season and I am working hard to get ready for the busy upcoming fall season. This year I was looking for a new jacket and I had decided that the Sitka Gear Fanatic Jacket was on my must have items of gear to add to my kit. I got online with Bass Pro Shops and saw the reminder that this month is Elk Country Conservation Month at Bass ...

Read more

What to do when you’ve Missed

Here’s a made-up statistic: 90% of all hunters admit to missing a key shot, and the remaining 10% are liars! While this statistic is fictitious, it holds at least a kernel of merit. Most hunters (including myself) know all too well what it feels like to watch an arrow sail inches over a buck’s back, or worse yet, injure a deer with a non-lethal shot. These experiences can leave haunting images in our minds. ...

Read more

In Support of Hunting and Free Speech

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.” The First Amendment of the US Constitution. I have been a hunter for my entire life, and a Soldier for nearly half of it. I grew up wit ...

Read more

SportingDog Adventures Jeff and Katherine Fuller Interview

SportingDog Adventures is committed to being family-oriented. We want to get the whole family excited and involved in the outdoors, whether you have two legs or four, male or female, young or young-at-heart. Our shows include a youth segment, designed to inspire and motivate adults to pass on their love of the outdoors. We also feature ladies segments, designed to address the questions, concerns, and intere ...

Read more

© Copyright 2013, 2014 Hunting Life. All Rights Reserved. All content is copyrighted and reproduction or reposting by permission only. HuntingLife

Scroll to top