KALISPELL, Mt. – The Professional Outdoor Media Association’s (POMA) 2016 Pinnacle Award honorees were announced by Kevin Tate, vice president of media production at Mossy Oak, during POMA’s 11th Annual Business Conference in Kalispell, Mt. on Saturday, June 18. Mossy Oak has been the presenting partner of the Pinnacle Awards since the program’s inception.
The Pinnacle Awards honor journalists for remarkable achievement in traditional outdoor sports-focused communications, including writing, photography/illustration/art, broadcasting as well as content focused on wildlife conservation.
“The outdoor media has always been a key part of what we do,” stated Toxey Haas, founder and CEO of Mossy Oak. “We started our company with their help and we’ve grown it with the same. They’re our business partners as well as our friends.”
“We’re proud to sponsor the Pinnacle Awards to recognize the best of the best every year,” Tate added. “It’s an important way to reward excellence in outdoor journalism and encourage more in the future.”
2016 POMA PINNACLE AWARD WINNERS
- Winner – Lindsay Thomas, Jr., “10 Reasons You Don’t Want CWD In Your Woods”, Quality Whitetails Magazine
- Outstanding Achievement – Jodi Stemler, “Healthy Sagebrush Sea”, Outdoor Life, Open Country Blog
- Winner – Tom Keer, “Top Dog”, Garden and Gun
- Outstanding Achievement – Tim Flanigan, “Lasting Decision”, Pennsylvania Game News Magazine
- Winner – Wade Robertson, Outdoor Writer Robertson Recalls First Pheasant Hunt, Bradford Era
- Outstanding Achievement – Charlie Burchfield – Winchester ’53: a Special Gift that will Live on in Family
- Winner – Allan Smith, “Girls Night Out”, YouTube
- Outstanding Achievement – Charles Burchfield, “Trigger Finger Deer Management”, WCED 1420 AM, 107.9 FM, and 96.7 FM
- Winner – Tim Christie, “Challenging All Comers (Bugling Bull Elk)”, American Hunter Magazine
- Outstanding Achievement – Tim Flanigan, “Grouse Strut”, Ruffed Grouse Society Magazine
- Winner – Ken Cook, “Wild Country: True Stories From The Great Outdoors”, BookLogix – Alpharetta, Ga.
- Outstanding Achievement – Vin Sparano, “Complete Guide to Fresh and Saltwater Fishing”, Universe Publishing
Mossy Oak, one of POMA’s Diamond Cornerstone members, joined forces with POMA to promote excellence in communications at all levels and encourage members of the media to set the bar high – knowing the importance to the industry of a professional and dedicated media corps.
To foster excellence in communications at all levels, help members build their businesses, connect media and industry, promote fair and honest communication of the traditional outdoor sports and conservation stories, and mentor the next generation of traditional outdoor sports communicators.
About Mossy Oak
Haas Outdoors Inc. headquartered in West Point, Miss., was established in 1986 and is home of Mossy Oak. Mossy Oak specializes in developing and marketing modern camouflage designs for hunters and outdoorsmen. Mossy Oak patterns can be found on a multitude of products worldwide. Haas Outdoors Inc. is the outdoor industry leader in modern camouflage design, international licensing and marketing. Haas Outdoors Inc. markets its services and products under widely recognized brands including: Mossy Oak, BioLogic, Mossy Oak Productions, MOOSE Media, Nativ Nurseries, and Mossy Oak Properties.