Alpine Innovations Dual Sling Review
We have had this sling in our hands since just after SHOTSHOW in 2022 and we took almost a year to fully test it across a variety of different guns. Honestly, this kind of fell through the cracks of our gun safe because rifles came in, got cleaned and this strap was rotated to the muzzleloader which got left in a gun case for several months. However the fact that I took it off one rifle and moved it to another one shows that I liked it enough to actually use it in the field on more than one location.
The Alpine Innovations Dual Sling is a great piece of gear for anyone looking for more than just a standard sling. It’s lightweight and easy to use, making it perfect for taking on longer hikes. I liked that the straps are a little rubbery or that they feel a little sticky and stick it does. The straps are adjustable and comfortable, allowing for a custom fit for any size and you can have it across one shoulder, over the neck or across one shoulder and the strap over you neck and you can use the quick-release buckle for an easy on and off. The Dual Sling is comfortable enough to use all day and we plan to purchase a few more of these as a part of our kit. With the quick release buckle it is easy to use this with a pack and then quickly get the rifle of your shoulder and on to sticks. The Alpine Innovations Dual Sling is a great choice for anyone looking to get out and be ready to do some serious hunting. This sling comes with Q(QuickRelease) Swivels, QD(Quick Detach) or no swivels depending on your needs
When it comes to hiking with rifles, rifle slings can be incredibly important. Not only do they provide extra stability while aiming, they also keep the rifle close at hand in case of an emergency. Rifle Slings can also comfortable to wear, reduce fatigue, and provide hands-free convenience to keep you hiking and glassing safely. The Alpine Innovations Dual Sling is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable and comfortable sling to take on their next outing and can work with both a rifle or a shotgun.
6 Reasons You Should Use a Rifle Sling
- Increased Stability: A rifle sling helps keep your rifle steady while aiming, giving you greater accuracy and control. (Pro Tip: Wrap your forearm up in the sling before you set your rifle against your shooting rest or shooting sticks for extra support)
- Quick Access: Having your rifle close at-hand makes it easy to access when you see game and can help you keep it in control should you be falling.
- Comfort: A properly fitted rifle sling will help reduce fatigue, making it easier to carry your rifle for longer periods.
- Hands-Free: A rifle sling allows you to keep your hands free for other tasks, such as climbing or navigating.
- Versatility: Rifle slings can be used for a variety of activities, from hunting to target shooting.
Safety: Rifle Slings keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times which is extremely important when hunting in groups