ScopeAid was developed to solve the problem of presbyopia due to age specifically for hunters and shooters. The ScopeAid from Clemit has transformed my ability to see clearly through my scope and read windage and elevation marks. I can finally see my crosshairs clearly and I have a tool that allows me to continue to shoot and hunt without having to wear glasses.
I remember it very clearly. It was the week after I turned 40 years old. I was sitting in front of my computer and I had to push the computer way out across my desk in order to see the type. On that same day, I realized that I had to hold my phone at the end of my arm to see the texts from friends. I knew I had to do something. Within a few days I was getting an eye exam because I was freaked out. I learned I was getting old and honestly it was unsettling and I did not like it.
Jay Eller was going through the same process – this getting old thing – and he didn’t like it either. Luckily Jay contacted a couple of gentlemen and after spending a serious amount of time working on this problem they developed the ScopeAid system. This system was designed to help shooters and hunters regain the clarity of vision that the young so often take for granted.
The Clemit ScopeAid is a rubber housing that comes in two sizes with a lens that slides over the back of the rifle scope. This allows you the freedom to move your ScopeAid from rifle to rifle and from scope to scope. Each ScopeAid is custom created specifically for you based on your prescription information as well as the amount of eye relief you have and need for the rifles that you shoot. The Clemit ScopeAid is made using HD optics and provides amazing clarity.
The ScopeAid comes in 5 versions that include:
- Crystal – The Crystal lens offers a clear, clean glass look giving you no changes in color or light.
- Yellow – The Yellow lens provides better vision in low-light conditions filtering out blue light and allows your target to stand out and appear bright.
- Amber – The Amber lens provides blue light filtering in bright daytime conditions and reduces eye strain.
- Flame – The Flame lens provides depth of vision in forest and green conditions and highlights targets, shapes and colors.
- Mirage – The Mirage lens filters visible wavelengths so that your target is clear and allows some mirage waves to help determine speed and wind conditions for long range shooters.
I have used the ScopeAid system for a little over a year now and I have found the system to be exactly what I need to hunt and shoot clearly and accurately. If you find that the effects of age are starting to catch up with you, this is one of the tools you must add to your arsenal in order to continue to be a more effective hunter.