One of the key functions for the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is “to conduct competitions in the use of firearms and to award trophies, prizes, badges, and other insignia to competitors”. CMP Affiliated Clubs have the opportunity to host their own local CMP Sanctioned Matches, all year long.
CMP Match Sanctioning is available for all match types, including Three-Position Air Rifle and Excellence-In-Competition (EIC), non-EIC, CMP Match Pistol and CMP Games Rifle and Pistol events, along with Smallbore, Mid-Range and Long Range competitions.
Sanctioning for all matches can be found through the CMP Competition Tracker page at https://ct.thecmp.org/sanction.
Here’s how it works:
- Once on the Competition Tracker “Match Sanctioning Request” page, choose either “Air Rifle Match” or “Rifle and Pistol Match,” depending on the type of match being requested.
- The next page will break down to specific matches. Click on each match to highlight and request it (more than one may be selected at a time).
- Enter the info for each match (dates, location, participation, etc.). Also add club association(s). A single user may select up to 10 match dates.
- Add a .pdf copy of your match program, match contact and shipping info and necessary match materials.
- Review, confirm and pay for the request. All information will then be reviewed by a CMP employee for approval.
Individuals making requests must be associated with a CMP Affiliated Club in order to request a sanctioned match online. If you need assistance with logging into Competition Tracker to sanction your match(es), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Find forms for CMP Sanctioned Matches and Clinics here: https://thecmp.org/competitions/forms/.
Questions? Contact Christina Roguski at 419-635-2141 ext. 714 or email@example.com.
New to CMP events? Learn more by visiting the CMP website at http://thecmp.org and checking out the “Compete” dropdown menu. Feel free to browse through all of CMP’s many programs, including educational courses and sales.
Never competed with the CMP? No problem. Individuals can get started with the CMP by attending CMP Sanctioned Clinics or Matches at Affiliated Clubs. Also, anyone can become enrolled for a CMP Competition Number by visiting the Competition Tracker Homepage (https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php) and registering for a new account.
How do I find a CMP Affiliated Club? Those interested in CMP events but unsure of where the closest Affiliated Club is located can visit the Competition Tracker page at https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=clubSearch.
How can we start our own CMP Affiliated Club? Clubs interested in becoming affiliated may review the proper steps and qualifications by viewing the CMP’s “Become Affiliated” page at https://thecmp.org/clubs/affiliate/. CMP Affiliated Clubs are open to hosting matches, training courses and other benefits.
–By Ashley Brugnone, CMP Staff Writer
The Civilian Marksmanship Program is a federally chartered 501 (c) (3) non-profit corporation. It is dedicated to firearm safety and marksmanship training and to the promotion of marksmanship competition for citizens of the United States. For more information about the CMP and its programs, log onto www.TheCMP.org.