Orange Screw is a family owned business that creates, well, orange screws. Made in America using 100% recycled materials, Orange Screws are easy-to-use and incredibly strong. They work equally well in sandy soil as they do in hard-packed soil. They are the perfect, light weight ground anchor for all-around outdoor adventurers.
Here are five great uses for the Orange Screw:
- Keep tents and sunshades anchored to the ground. No matter the wind, your tent on the mountainside or sunshade at the beach will stay put when anchored into the ground with an Orange Screw.
- Secure pets. Many of us love to take our dogs with us when we head outdoors, and it’s great if our furry friend can safely go off-leash. But when you are setting up your tent, you really need to attend to that task and not worry about your pet. Just screw an orange anchor into the ground near you and attach a line from it to your pet’s collar.
- Hold tarps over outdoor equipment or firewood. Tarps are great to keep your hunting gear, your ATV, or your firewood dry during rainstorms. To ensure the tarp doesn’t blow off what you are trying to keep dry, use the orange screws at each corner.
- Anchor canoes, kayaks, and tubes to shore. When you stop for a picnic on the shore, know that your watercraft will safely stay put.
- Stake up plants. Planting a new tree is always a challenge. One problem is training the tree to grow up properly. Saplings have a way of bending. Staking a young tree can encourage it to grow up straight.
Just this weekend, the kids and I went camping in Colorado. I used a couple of Orange Screws (all I had) and some heavy-duty metal stakes to anchor the tent and the rain fly. Here’s what I noticed: orange screws are easy to screw into the ground. The clear plastic screw container doubles as a handle for the screw, making insertion into hard-packed ground a breeze. My kids were able to do this with ease. The metal stakes must be pounded with a mallet to get them into the ground. Score one point for the Orange Screw. Orange Screws are just as easy to unscrew from the ground. One of the metal stake’s hooks broke while trying to pry it from the ground. This is the second time this has happened in as many camping trips. Another point for the Orange Screw.
Couple this with the fact that the Orange Screw is manufactured right here in the USA, is made of recycled materials, and springs from the minds of fellow outdoorsy folks and it makes Orange Screw an easy choice when it comes to ground anchors.
Go to orangescrew.com to find out more about sizes and prices.