Ryan Spellman and I were turkey hunting today. We were both pretty excited to get out. You could tell: we both got out to the farm at 5:30 for an after 7 am sunrise. We did some catching up and then I pulled out a gift for Ryan. The weekend before Ryan and I were struggling to hear turkeys gobbling early so I got Ryan a set of Howard Leight Impact Sport Folding Ear Muffs.
Safety on the range and in the field is paramount for hunters and shooters. This goes for hearing protection, as well. This time out, Ryan was calling turkey and I was the shooter with a Mathews NO CAM and some new RedRum Arrows and Xecutioner Arrows. Did we need hearing protection today? Not this hunt!! We had these for hearing enhancement and they made a difference today. Once we got back in to where we thought the birds were roosted, we could hear the birds far off across the river. The advantage today was we heard that the birds were across the river early in the morning and we had time to run back to the vehicles, drive three miles around to the other side of the river and reposition in order to be in the right position to work the birds.
Of course Howard Leight products are known for producing quality hearing protection but the feature on the Impact Sports we were using today was hearing amplification of ambient sound to 82db. This allowed Ryan to hear everything and make the right choices in matching the cadence of the hens and gobblers we were hearing.
Some of the other features of the Howard Leight Impact Sport are:
- Amplifies ambient sound to safe 82 dB – response technology revert to passive hearing protector when noise reaches 82 dB
- Allows wearers to hear important communications, including other shooters and environmental sounds
- Directionally placed stereo microphones amplify and enhance sound for more natural hearing
- Non-deforming outer headband withstands rough treatment in the toughest workplaces
- Low-profile design with cut-out allows for full clearance of firearm stock, eliminating interference while shooting
- Khaki colored earcups ensure uniformity with camouflage outfit if necessary
- Features Bilsom Technology’s patented Air Flow Control™ technology for optimal attenuation across all frequencies
- Snap-in ear cushions make replacement quick and easy
- AUX input allows connection to external MP3 players or other audio devices for additional listening off the field
These are good quality hearing protection with sound amplification that can make a difference on your hunt all at an attractive price point.
Check them out at: