Let’s just be VERY clear, cancer sucks. YETI is doing something this year by donating $100,000 to Boarding for Breast Cancer and Casting for Recovery and has focused on breast cancer awareness this year with the limited-edition Ice Pink Rambler® Drinkware.
Donations like this are important to the success of campaigns to end cancer. This campaign hits especially close to home for us here this year at HuntingLife.com as a close family member is battling cancer. We know the power of positive thinking and we are living it every day. In addition to their donation, YETI is doing something to raise awareness by producing this limited edition Ice Out Cancer Pink Drinkware. You can show your support by purchasing one of the Ice Out Cancer Pink cups.
The YETI Ice out cancer pink collection comes in a variety of models including the slim can cooler, the 30 oz. tumbler, the 20 oz. tumbler, the 20 oz. travel mug, an 18 oz. water bottle, and the 24 oz. mug. Their Rambler Magslider color pack sold out fast. I expect all of these will sell out quickly, so jump on this deal quickly.
ABOUT CASTING FOR CANCER
Casting for Recovery (CfR) provides healing outdoor retreats for women with breast cancer, at no cost to the participants. CfR’s retreats offer opportunities for women to find inspiration, discover renewed energy for life, and experience healing connections with other women and nature. The retreats are open to women with breast cancer of all ages, in all stages of treatment and recovery. For over 25 years, women from all walks of life have benefitted from CfR’s inspiring program model.
Casting for Recovery was founded in 1996 in Manchester, Vermont, by a breast reconstruction surgeon and a professional fly fisher. Awarded 501(c)(3) non-profit status in 1998, Casting for Recovery’s innovative program focuses on improving quality of life for women with breast cancer, and has garnered endorsements from medical and psychosocial experts nationwide.
Fast Facts about Casting for Cancer
- Casting for Recovery provides free fly fishing retreats for women with breast cancer
- 70% of the women who attend Casting for Recovery retreats have never been to a support group
- CfR currently offers 40+ retreats across the country, serving over 700 women each year. To date over 10,000 women with breast cancer have benefitted from the healing power of nature
- CfR relies on the support of more than 1,800 volunteers nationwide, including medical and psychosocial professionals, fly fishing instructors and alumnae
- National sponsors include Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s Outdoor Fund, Buff, Costa, Enell, Madison Rose, Orvis, Pfizer, SIMMS, Texas Oncology, YETI and Sycamore Capital
- CfR has inspired similar efforts in six countries outside of the U.S.
About Boarding for Breast Cancer
Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit foundation founded in 1996. Our mission is triple focused to prepare young people with education on early detection, promote the importance of maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle as the best means of breast cancer prevention, and provide survivor support for those affected by breast cancer.
We achieve this through our participation in year round grass roots, youth focused lifestyle events with our Educational Outreach Experience, Prevention + Awareness Fundraising Events, and Survivorship Programs.