This sounds like a dream position for the right candidate. The opportunity to grow a program and work with dedicated partners throughout the state of Texas to better position hunting and decrease poaching across this great state. Resumes are being accepted through January 5th and we look forward to interviewing the new Executive Director in the new year.
Operation Game Thief, LLC (OGT), a qualified 501(c)3, differs substantially from other “Hook and Bullet” organizations in that we are not a membership driven organization such as Dallas Safari Club or Houston Safari Club. We have a mission statement that appeals to all stakeholders within Texas that care about protecting our natural and wildlife resources; not just primarily the consumptive users associated with memberships in the “Hook and Bullet” organizations. This gives us an advantage in large fund raising by appealing to a much larger range of corporate and foundation donors both within and outside of the State of Texas as well as that of applying for various grants unavailable to other organizations. We therefore do not have the “hospitality” needs that large membership organizations have nor the expense that comes with servicing them thus allowing us to realize a much better cost benefit if structured properly.
In conducting the analysis it appears that the areas to focus on going forward, beyond dedicated fund raising, are on expanding our youth outreach by partnering with strategic partners that are already successful and that have parallel mission statement goals with OGT, rebuilding our brand awareness and expanding into a larger dedicated effort to expand dedicated funding specifically for fallen or wounded game officers and their families. Both are areas of need and will be well received from a fundraising perspective.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Operation Game Thief, LLC. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1. Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Operation Game Thief in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and Texas Parks and Wildlife while providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Oversee development and implementation of orientation for incoming Board Members.
2. Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization with the supervision and assistance of the Treasurer of Operation Game Thief.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Operation Game Thief, to include assisting in the submission to the Board the proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising oversight and developing other resources necessary to support
- Operation Game Thief’s mission.
3. Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board and staff of Texas Parks and Wildlife to ensure the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Operation Game Thief’s programs to carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Operation Game Thief can successfully fulfill its mission going forward.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Operation Game Thief’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
4. Organization Operations: Oversee and implement appropriate resources to ensure the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of Operation Game Thief operations.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing the database of donors and sponsors.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Operation Game Thief’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other organizations and corporations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Operation Game Thief’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions.
- Professional and timely communications with donors, including identifying and soliciting prospective donors, drafting proposals and grant requests, insuring that appropriate letters of appreciation are delivered in a timely fashion and maintaining a database of all such contacts and interactions with donors.
- Update and maintain our website and other social media platforms.
- Work and collaborate with Operation Game Thief Board and Texas Parks and Wildlife Coordinator, Game Wardens, Executive Director and Commissioners.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Assisting in Fundraising to increase the overall visibility of the organization development of new fundraising ideas and presentation of those ideas to the board, and assisting in the execution of those ideas chosen by the board.
- Serving as Operation Game Thief’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, the general public, and to represent the organization at public events and industry shows.
- Development of strong working relationships with all relevant organizations, staff and Board
- Enhancement of the organization’s image
- Successfully carrying out the prime functions of the job description
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Email resumes to: email@example.com.