We all know the benefits of wool clothing, especially in our base layers. Wool insulates against cold and wicks away moisture. But wool also tends to be itchy against the skin and oftentimes wool garments stretch out and lose their shape. Washing and drying wool products can also be an issue. Try washing an old wool sweater in hot water and you’ll see what I mean.
WoolX is pleased to offer the “World’s Premier Baselayer.” Tops, bottoms, and accessories by WoolX provide non-itch, odor free, breathable, 100% Merino wool in both men’s and women’s sizes and styles and in three fabric weights.
Efforts have been made by clothing companies to combine the benefits of wool with the features that active outdoorsmen want. A good fit, no-itch comfort, moisture wicking material – all these components are a must. WoolX sets the bar high in the following ways:
- WoolX uses Superfine Merino wool (less than 19.5 microns in diameter) to provide no-itch comfort
- Merino Wool absorbs 30% of its weight in water and moves moisture away from the skin.
- Merino wool fibers are highly crimped which results in natural fabric stretch and retention without the need for added materials like Lycra (WoolX garments are 100% wool).
- Snug fit that retains its shape. This makes a great base layer – a flannel shirt, a down vest, or a jacket fit comfortably over the WoolX Top. Of course, the WoolX Tops works fantastic alone, providing the perfect amount of weight and warmth.
- Sleeve length – the sleeves extend slightly beyond the wrist (the men’s X-Treme Heavyweight Top has thumbholes). This feature is one of the selling points for us.
- Shirt length – the generous length of the shirt allows us to either tuck the shirt in or pull the shirt down over the pants waist. Either way, the WoolX shirt does not ride up. Your backside will not be exposed.
WoolX offers garments in three weights. WoolX lightweight works great for activities in spring and summer. WoolX midweight is perfect for active outdoor winter activities like shoveling, winter hiking, and shed hunting with the kids. With the WoolX heavyweight, think ice fishing or deer stand hunting. All three weights offer the same benefits: non-odor retaining, warmth when wet, moisture wicking, and field washable.