Saint Paul, Minn. – November 1, 2007 – Pheasants Forever (PF) will hold the second annual PF Artisan’s Fair in conjunction with National Pheasant Fest2008, this January 18, 19 & 20 at the RiverCentre in Saint Paul, Minnesota.Through the Artisan’s Fair, participants will have a venue to show off their original, unpublished works to PF buyers and thousands of PheasantFest attendees.
While not a traditional art contest, the PF Artisan’s Fair will provide a platform for artists to compete for as many as 20 slots in the PF banquetpackage. There will be no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place prizes, winners, orribbons. Gaining a slot in the PF banquet package would earn an artist the sale of up to 600 reproductions of their original artwork.
“The PF Artisan’s Fair isn’t about a ribbon, it’s about gaining exposure,notoriety and cold hard cash,” explained Ben Streitz, PF’s director of special markets and a PF buyer. “We’re looking for a wide array of works,from woodworking to crafts, furniture to quilts, clothing to sculptures,and stone work to paintings. We hope to see artwork and handcrafts we never knew existed. If you’ve got a talent, hobby, or project that you think deserves a larger audience, then the PF Artisan’s Fair is your chance to bediscovered.”
Rules for participation in the second annual PF Artisan’s Fair are simple:
- Submissions must be original works and must be unpublished.
- Submissions must be reproducible.
- Submissions must include the artist’s suggested price per item.
- Submissions are not required to feature pheasants or wildlife, but keepin mind that PF banquet and merchandise selections will be based upon marketability to PF members.
- Artists will not be able to sell any products submitted to the Artisan’s Fair at Pheasant Fest.
NOTE: Artists may purchase Pheasant Fest booth space to sell other products to Pheasant Fest attendees. For booth space reservations, contact Michael Bagley at (218)730-9990.
- To enter, artists must deliver their submissions to the River Centre at Pheasant Fest on Friday, January 18th by 5 PM., or artists can send their submissions to the PF National Headquarters by Friday, January 4th.
- All entries should be fully insured and come with a completed PF Artisan’s Fair entry form. For more information about the Artisan’s Fair,please contact Ben Streitz at (651)209-4960 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A downloadable Artisan’s Fair entry form is available online at www.NationalPheasantFest.org under the Attraction list.
National Pheasant Fest 2008, which is being presented by Cabela’s, combines a national consumer show, habitat seminar series, and family event complete with puppies, tractors, shotguns, and art. The 2008 Fest also marks Pheasants Forever’s 25th anniversary, and promises to be the country’s largest event for upland hunters, sport dog owners, and wildlife habitat conservationists. The 2007 Pheasant Fest in Des Moines, Iowa, was attended by nearly 25,000 people. This January’s event in Saint Paul is expected to draw 25,000 attendees as well.
For additional information about Pheasants Forever, please visit