(Washington, D.C.) – The Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports (Council) is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Program Associate with its team. The Council is a growing organization and this role will work directly with the new Executive Director, Dr. Steven Leath, to coordinate Council efforts. This position will be responsible for managing Council events, day-to-day activities, and will play an integral role in helping the Council deliver on its mission.
Events and Communications
- Serve as the lead in coordinating the logistics for the Council’s national symposium;
- Assist with management of workgroups, committees, and associated meetings/events;
- Work with staff to ensure consistent company branding and messaging;
- Assist in management of Council social media platforms, online networking community, and online clearinghouse;
- Provide support for other communication efforts as needed.
- Responsible for virtual receptionist functions of the organization;
- Assist the Executive Director and staff with administrative duties including travel booking and reimbursement, scheduling, and other duties as assigned;
- Assist with account reconciliation processes;
- Assist staff with basic technology needs;
- Maintain policy document updates/Board updates/Board Minutes;
- Maintain contact and distribution lists;
- Assist in development of grant applications, reports, and contracts.
Other Duties as Assigned
• The employee is expected to undertake additional duties as will be assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills, Qualifications, and Other Job Requirements:
- An undergraduate degree is strongly preferred;
- Committed to the Council’s purpose, mission and vision and have an unwavering commitment to the organization and goals of the Council;
- • Proven ability to organize and implement daily activities and details and prioritize work, manage time effectively, work unsupervised from a remote location and work effectively within limited financial provisions;
- Familiarity with social media platforms and best practices;
- Customer service orientation and troubleshooting abilities;
- Project management, planning, and organizational skills with ability to multi-task and meet time-sensitive goals;
- Excellent communicator across multiple forms of media – written, verbal, and graphics;
- Willingness to work hours that extend outside of the typical workday and workweek throughout the year, including travel to include overnight and weekends;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google platforms and proficient in email and social media management software; and ability to adapt to new platforms;
- Familiarity and passion in the outdoor industry and conservation profession.
Compensation: Salary will depend upon qualifications and experience. The Council offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k, cell phone and internet stipend, and paid time off.
Location: Remote with reasonable access to a metropolitan area serviced by commercial airlines. The position will require occasional travel.
Equal Opportunity: The Council provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices. The Council makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
Posting Opening Date: February 2, 2021
Posting Closing Date: February 28, 2021 (or until filled by an exceptional candidate)
To Apply Visit This Link: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=program+associate&jk=2d8cbdc50fff6623&from=iaBackPress
To read this press release online, please visit:https://cahss.org/council-seeking-program-associate/
About the Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports
Purpose: Ensure support for and active participation in hunting and the shooting sports for future generations.
Vision: America where hunting and the shooting sports are an integral part of mainstream culture and where hunters and shooters are widely recognized as premiere conservation contributors.
Mission: Facilitate the promotion and growth of hunting and the shooting sports and the education of the public on the contributions that hunters and shooters make towards wildlife conservation.