First Look: LaCrosse Ursa Hunting Boot
LaCrosse just unleashed the New Ursa MS (Mid-Season) hunting boot on to the North American market. The team at LaCrosse spent five years working on this boot design. It has been built, torn down and rebuilt until it was finalized to outperform the current market of stable, elite, lace-up boots on the market. If this boot performs as well as it looks, it is going to be a game changer from the prairies of Nebraska to the mountains of Wyoming, Alaska and everything in between.
The upper construction is made up of TecTuff® PU-infused leather with proven abrasion resistance built to outlast and outshine traditional leather with a quick-drying, breathable SuperFabric® quarter panel and gusset for protection against abrasion; and a large Hexguard rubber rand that has been cemented and double stitched for unrivaled durability. A GORE TEX® breathable liner provides ultimate waterproofing and breathability, and the iconic Vibram® MONT outsole is optimized for traction, support and durability, offering the highest reliability when packing a heavy load and trekking thru unforgiving conditions. Now all of that sounds like a whole heck of a lot of marketing mumbo jumbo but watching and learning about the design process has me convinced this is a booth they are absolutely excited about in the halls of LaCrosse and that this boot took five years means they have a lot invested in this boot and the team expects it to be a flagship boot for the forseeable future. We are pretty excited to get our hands on this boot and we are going to test it out as soon as possible. We have hikes planned in Arizona, Colorado and some spring turkey hunting to put it through its paces. Of course we know that the team from LaCrosse has already had elite teams testing this in Nevada, Alaska, Oregon, Utah and of course the mountains of Idaho.
We test a lot of boots here at HuntingLife each and every year. This one, we are excited to get in our hands. Look for these soon in your local retailers like Scheels and Sportsman’s Warehouse.
Ursa MS Specifications:
- TecTuff® PU-infused leather with PFC-free waterproofing upper for protection and rugged durability
- SuperFabric® quarter panel and gusset for optimal water-resistance, protection and durability
- GORE TEX® 100% waterproof breathable lining
- Vibram® MONT outsole provides optimal traction, support and durability in unforgiving environments
- Hexguard rubber rand and mud guard for extreme abrasion resistance and added durability
- Molded PU footbed offers support and cushioning comfort
- Lightweight EVA midsole provides underfoot cushioning and shock absorption
- Bi-Fit stability board evenly distributes weight for lasting comfort
- Ball bearing loop and open-hook hardware for easy, consistent lacing
- Height: 7”
- Weight: 3.1 lbs (men’s size 10 pair)
- Available in two colors: Gunmetal/Orange and Brown/Gold
- Men’s Sizes: (Medium) 7-12 with half sizes, 13, 14, 15; (Wide) 8-12 with half sizes, 13, 14