“The South Carolina Waterfowl Association exists to enhance and perpetuate South Carolina’s wildlife heritage through education and wildlife habitat conservation”
This position manages all of South Carolina Waterfowl’s corporate partnerships and advertising relationships to include proposals, sales, contracts, and collections of all revenues associated. The position also manages the SCWA Outdoor Heritage Expo and Bird Fest. Position is available immediately. To apply, send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: Scwadw@gmail.com. Learn more about SCWA at https://scwa.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and solicit local, national, and international organizations for corporate partner and advertising sales opportunities
- Develop, retain, and grow corporate partner relationships and advertising sales to ensure revenue growth, and manage and maintain existing accounts
- Establish strong relationships throughout the corporate community, both endemic and non-endemic
- Develop and manage prospective client list and provide accurate, reliable sales forecasts and status updates
- Work with other members of the Development, Education, Communications, Programs and Events in the analysis and execution of strategic corporate partnership campaigns
- Develop proposals for potential sponsors by understanding the partner’s marketing and business goals
- Provide strategic direction, and take a lead position on maintaining existing partnerships while developing new partnerships to maximize revenue
- Manages collections of all revenues associated with corporate partnerships
- Works directly with the SCWA management committee, and Director of Communications to ensure delivery and execution of all partnership related projects
- Handles media buys and relationships with outside media agencies
- Works closely with the management committee and Communications department on developing strategies, tactics, and overall marketing plan
- Communications Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Possession of a BA in Marketing or related studies, and three years of related experience; or,
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
3. Work experience in the conservation, hunting and fishing industry
- Must work well with the general public and in a team environment.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to change.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage data in Excel and other software.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and listen. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse, calculator and other office equipment. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and navigate stairs. The employee must lift and move up to 40 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge of: basic office practices and procedures; record keeping; word processing, spreadsheet, database; e-mail systems; proper English usage, spelling and punctuation.
Ability to: perform assigned duties with a minimum of supervision; interact effectively with Board Members, supervisors, employees, and the general public; maintain confidentiality of information; pay attention to detail; work effectively despite interruptions; multi-task; plan, organize, and prioritize work; write legibly to record information; speaks clearly and concisely; proofread documents and other work; use a computer, related software and other standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment.
Trustworthy and Accountable
We seek to earn the trust of our donors, the public and each other by being transparent and truthful, respecting confidentiality, and always adhering to the highest professional standards.
- Adheres to the work schedule with few exceptions
- Timeliness on projects and tasks
- Willing to accept responsibility with donors, fellow staff, and third parties
Resourceful and Adaptable
We are innovative in how we accomplish our goals, cost effective in our operations and flexible in embracing opportunities.
- Embraces new ideas and initiatives from supervisor
- Brings new ideas to improve operations
- Efficient in expenditures and seeks money saving opportunities
Collaborative and Team-Oriented
We achieve success only through the combined efforts of many. We encourage strong interpersonal skills within our team. We also seek partnerships in respective regions and build on the skills and strengths of staff and volunteers to accomplish our goals.
- Interpersonal skills
- Asks for help when needs to from staff, donors, volunteers, and members
- Offers help to staff, donors, volunteers, and members when needed
- Creates and nurtures an inclusive work environment
Self-Motivated and Passionate
South Carolina Waterfowl Association values a team made up of individuals who can achieve success because of their own enthusiasm and interest in our mission. Our entire organization benefits when our team members are passionate about what they do and how it intersects with our success.
- Demonstrates mission knowledge
- Delivers regular autonomous work
- Offers ideas and suggestions to fellow staff members to improve functionality
Expertise and Personal Development
We value a team member’s ability to demonstrate expertise in their area of responsibility while simultaneously embracing personal development as a life-long process. We encourage everyone to continually assess their skills and set goals to maximize their potential.
- Demonstrates expertise in area of responsibility
- Seeks opportunities for training and improvement