Irish Setter continues to expand the successful VaprTrek franchise with the addition of higher insulation levels, an all leather option with camo-dyed leather and easy on/off options – one with a side zipper and one with the BOA® Fit System.
The original Irish Setter VaprTrek® 8″ hunting boots were 40% lighter than traditional Irish Setter big game hunting boots without sacrificing support or stability. After their launch in 2014, this family of extremely lightweight boots quickly became a top seller. Since then the product team has introduced new technologies and construction methods to enhance the line. After conducting materials testing and field wear trials, Irish Setter is proud to introduce the new VaprTrek lineup, which is even lighter while delivering better traction on rough terrain, all with improved durability and outstanding all-day comfort.
The great fit and go-all-day comfort that made VaprTrek boots so popular with hunters and hikers remains a top priority. A contoured last mirrors foot shape for excellent fit while, lace-to-toe eyelets help customize fit.
An EVA footbed with a memory foam top layer is highly breathable and durable, providing all-day comfort and less fatigue. The uppers provide other comfort and performance features like waterproof, full grain leather, lightweight Rip Stop fabric, military-grade quick dry linings which wick away foot moisture, UltraDry™ waterproofing for long-lasting protection, a memory foam collar for instant comfort in all temperatures, a Cushin™ Comfort Tongue that provides comfort in the shin area and ScentBan™ scent control that eliminates odors within the boot. Select models feature Primaloft® insulation for warmth in cool environments.
Hunters look to Irish Setter for durable footwear and the new VaprTrek does not disappoint. Armatec™ XT technology adds durability and abrasion resistance in high wear areas of the heel and toe while leather reinforcement is strategically placed to protect flex points for enhanced durability.
These ultra-lightweight boots provide greater traction and support to allow for more time in the field with less fatigue. A lightweight, nylon shank adds arch support and EnerG technology within the dual density midsole delivers extra comfort in the heel and forefoot impact zones. A harder durometer RPM material is used in the midsole and it also extends to the outsole. Rubber sections of the outsole with multi-tiered lugs provide superior traction on uneven terrain and self-cleaning lugs shed debris with every step. Rubber pods are utilized for enhanced traction and durability. Tiered toe treads offer grip control when walking up steep inclines. The wrap-around instep provides protection from, and extra grip for tree stand rungs or ATV foot pegs. The outsole provides best-in-class slip-resistance.
VaprTrek snake boots feature easy on/off convenience. Style #2846 includes the BOA® Fit System which securely tightens and loosens the stainless-steel laces with the turn of a dial on these 17” knee boots. Style #2848’s convenient side-zip makes entry/exit easy in these waterproof, non-insulated knee boots.
“Based on the successful launch of our newest VaprTreks, we’ve added more styles to the line,”explained Charley Bryant, Irish Setter Product Merchant. “Based on our own hunting experiences and talking with consumers, we know hunters are looking for comfort in their boots, including getting them on and off easily and keeping their feet warm in the field.”
Men’s VaprTrek Boots (sizes 8-12, 13, 14 in D and EE widths)
- #2829 is a 5″ hiker in brown leather and fabric, $154.99*
- #2830 is an 8″ non-insulated boot in brown leather and fabric, $159.99*
- #2831 is an 8″ non-insulated boot in Realtree Edge™ camouflage, $159.99*
- #2837 is an 8″ non-insulated boot with Mossy Oak® Break-Up Country® camouflage, $159.99*
- #2854 is an 8″ boot with 400 grams of PrimaLoft® insulation in Realtree Edge™ camouflage, $169.99*
- #2832 is an 8″ boot with 400 grams of PrimaLoft® insulation in Mossy Oak® Break-Up Country® camouflage, $169.99*
- #2815+ is a 7″ non-insulated, all leather camo boot, $179.99
- #2867+ is a 7″ non-insulated side-zip boot in stone fabric, $169.99*
- #2894+ is a 7″ non-insulated boot in Realtree Edge™ camouflage, $179.99*
- #3816+ is a 9″ boot with 800 grams of PrimaLoft® insulation in Realtree Edge™ camouflage, $189.99*
- #3817+ is a 9″ boot with 1200 grams of PrimaLoft® insulation in Mossy Oak® Break-Up Country® camouflage, $199.99*
Women’s VaprTrek Boots (sizes 5-11 medium width)
- #2839+ is an 8″ boot with 400 grams of PrimaLoft® insulation in Mossy Oak® Break-Up Country® camouflage, $169.99
VaprTrek Snake Boots for Men & Women
Irish Setter has created men’s and women’s snake boots that combine a non-woven material with leather to defend against fangs, thorns and other threats.
- #2875 is a men’s 17″ non-insulated, lace-up snake boot with Realtree Xtra® Green camouflage, $214.99
- #2846 is a men’s 17″ non-insulated, BOA® Fit System snake boot with Mossy Oak® Obsession camouflage, $249.99
- #2848 is a men’s 17″ non-insulated, side-zip snake boot with Realtree Edge™ camouflage, $229.99
- #2869 is a men’s 17″ non-insulated, lace-up snake boot with Mossy Oak® Obsession camouflage, $214.99
- #1821 is a women’s 16″ non-insulated, lace-up snake boot with Mossy Oak® Obsession camouflage, $214.99
Irish Setter VaprTrek boots are available now, with new styles becoming available in August 2020 at leading outdoor retailers. Visit www.irishsetterboots.com to learn more.
About Irish Setter
Based in Red Wing, MN, Irish Setter is a division of the Red Wing Shoe Company that produces a full line of purpose-built hunting boots, work boots and rugged outdoor casual footwear. Irish Setter continues to use leading technologies and the finest materials to offer customers the highest quality outdoor footwear. For more information about Irish Setter’s heritage, products and retailers, visit www.irishsetterboots.com. Irish Setter. Go all day, everyday.