The Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA) seeks a new executive director. Resumes will be accepted through June 22, 2020 or until position is filled. The executive director is responsible for the overall management of the organization and for leading and directing the implementation of the organization’s philosophy, mission, and strategic goals and objectives. The POMA executive director reports to the board of directors and shall help enable the board to fulfill its function in governing the organization.
Job Title: Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer
Leadership & Management:
- Board Administration and Support – Advises and informs board in all facets of operation, including, but not limited to, governance, accountability, proper procedure conducive to a nonprofit association; acts as liaison between board and staff
- Program and Service Delivery – Oversees annual conference production, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services
- Human Resource Management – Effectively manages the organization’s employees or contractors according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations and industry best practice
- Fundraising (nonprofit specific) – Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources (including non-dues income), establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
- Membership Recruitment and Retention – Works effectively to grow membership and retain members through positive communications and customer service
- Actively engages and energizes POMA volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Leads, coaches, develops, and retains the nonprofit’s high-performance; ensures effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluates program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
- Financial, Tax, Risk Management – Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations and industry best practice
- Community and Public Relations – Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders. Raise the visibility of the organization through the development and implementation of a sustainable marketing campaign geared to its various constituencies as well as the public. Deepen and refine all aspects of communications-from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- BA degree (required)
- 5+ years of management experience in non-profit, 501(c)(6) membership organizations
- Knowledge of national, traditional outdoor media
- Strong management and supervisory skills: ability to lead staff in achieving strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Proven ability of having developed and implemented strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Demonstrated excellence in fundraising development and implementation
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Salary commensurate with experience; bonus/raises tied to performance
- Office expenses
- Travel expenses
Please send cover letter describing why you are the person for this job, resume with three up to date references including email and phone numbers, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line marked POMA ED, by June 22, 2020.
The Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA), founded in 2005, is the only national association representing the traditional outdoor hunting and fishing community. Our members include hunting and ﬁshing industry communicators, industry professionals, students, influencers and brand ambassadors and avid outdoor sports enthusiasts.
POMA is dedicated to seeing the traditional outdoor sports story is told honestly and fairly so hunting, ﬁshing, the shooting sports and trapping will endure.