Announcing “Coolest Hunting Buddy” Contest
NASHVILLE, Tenn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–With Father’s Day fast approaching on June 21, many already are scratching their heads about how to make the day extra special for Dad. For those needing suggestions, the comic character Rather-Be-Hunting Guy™ offers a few ideas he calls the P-O-N-G™ approach.
- P: Pancakes or waffles with breakfast.
- O: Outdoor Recreation. If Dad likes to hunt, fish, target shoot, play golf or tennis, race ATVs, take pictures of wild animals, or anything of the sort, give him plenty of time for his outdoor activities without rushing him. If Dad comes back dirty and smelly, don’t complain.
- N: Nap. Most Dads are sleep deprived, so let him catch up on his much-needed shut eye. A hammock is a perfect gift for napping.
- G: Grilling. Let Dad grill if he wants. If he is cooking something he previously caught or killed during an outdoor adventure, eat it with a smile on your face – even if you don’t like it.
Rather-Be-Hunting Guy™ has great Father’s Day gifts for outdoorsmen: 1) a hunting-related comic-book style collectible titled On the Job with Rather-Be-Hunting Guy, An Avid Outdoorsman Stuck in an Office Cubicle, and 2) great-looking bumper stickers and cling decals featuring the trademarked slogan “Workin’ For The Man, Huntin’ When I Can.” To order or learn more, visit www.RatherBeHuntingGuy.com
“Coolest Hunting Buddy” Contest:
Limit Out Productions is currently creating its second hunting-related comic book, scheduled to be available in the Fall of 2009, and will include a brief story or cartoon about your hunting buddy in that book if your contest entry is selected. Your Dad may consider it a special Father’s Day gesture if you let him know that you entered, or were planning to enter, an essay about him as the world’s coolest hunting buddy.
Rules and Instructions:
- Submit a brief essay (less than 150 words) on why your hunting buddy is the world’s coolest. Contestants may attach photos of hunting trips, trophies, or buddies reading the comic book On the Job with Rather-Be-Hunting Guy™, An Avid Outdoorsman Stuck in an Office Cubicle, to go along with the essay.
- Include your name, your buddy’s name, as well as email and telephone contact information along with the essay.
- Send the essay and contact information by email to Limit Out Productions at Contest@RatherBeHuntingGuy.com by July 15, 2009.
- No materials submitted will be returned, and receipt will not be acknowledged unless chosen as the contest winner. By submitting the materials you agree that they may be used in the book, and that you forfeit any commercial or intellectual property rights associated with your submission. Limit Out Productions will acknowledge the contest winner as the source of the material submitted and used in the book. The winner’s sole award is to be featured in a story or cartoon in the upcoming comic book.
- 1 winner will be chosen and will be announced on or before National Hunting and Fishing Day, September 26, 2009.