The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) is seeking a highly motivated individual to assume the role of Director of Development for the Scholastic Action Shooting Program (SASP). The successful candidate will be responsible for growing and supporting SASP member teams.
The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF), is a 501c (3) not-for-profit organization and is the national leader in youth development shooting sports programs. Using a combination of education and athletics, our mission to provide and enhance personal growth and development opportunities for student athlete members; become the premier authority in all things pertaining to firearm-related pursuits for youth; pass on to future generations the legacy of lifelong, safe, responsible enjoyment of the shooting sports. This includes serving as a feeder/pipeline for organized, sanctioned shootings organizations and teams.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for member growth of the program by recruiting new teams and retaining existing programs.
- Work with and develop Regional Field Representatives (RFR) and State Advisors in order to grow the SSSF’s action shooting sports in a grass-roots fashion.
- Provide training, key information and resources for RFRs, State Advisors and coaches within respective region.
- Find and develop state advisors and other key groups in states who can positively influence and grow local member-teams and support coaches on a daily basis.
- Provide support for program competitions. Consult with RFRs, state advisors and coaches as needed to ensure leagues, local matches, regional matches and state matches are successful. Recruit local volunteer match directors (MD) for other regional and state championship events and work closely with volunteer MDs to ensure events are conducted in accordance with SSSF standards.
- Ensure teams are registered with and are using the SSSF SHOT data system for managing athletes and events.
- Serve as on-site MD and/or assistant MD for all national level events and some regional events as necessary.
- Develop leads and provide support for program fundraising efforts. Assist National Director to plan and conduct fundraisers such as raffles, banquets, etc. which benefit local teams and the national organization. Ensure all national fundraising remains compliant with local, state and national regulations.
- Assist National Director in soliciting industry and other national-level sponsorship.
- Work closely with the National Director to develop annual program budget and monitor program income and expenses against the budget.