The Murray Road Agency is looking for a savvy communicator with experience in public relations, communication and marketing. Day-to-day interaction with clients and media will be a pillar of this position. The ideal candidate will have experience securing print, digital and social earned media exposure. Knowledge of the outdoors, fishing, hunting, camping, shooting and boating is preferred. Advanced knowledge of firearms is a plus. The willingness to learn/embrace these activities is a must.
This new hire should be able to write, edit, manage and send written copy without much oversight. They should be familiar with reporting best practices and demonstrate the ability to quantify results. Finally, they need to be comfortable with clients and have the ability to stay on message. This position will be located in Charleston, South Carolina or Minneapolis, Minnesota. Limited exceptions possible.
- Account management.
- Writing, editing and managing content.
- Reporting and metrics.
- Client interaction and communication.
- Distribution and coordination of multiple campaigns.
- Communicate with media regularly.
- Manage media inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, sales or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Skilled writer and editor.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Comfortable on and off camera
- Ability to track metrics, follow up and execute.
About Murray Road
Murray Road is a passionate and well-rounded marketing agency dedicated to the outdoor industry. If a consumer uses a product, technology or process to seek, hunt, fish, gather, cook, explore, push boundaries or for any other activity outside, we can and will market it. We also excel in retail environments both digitally and brick and mortar. We are an equal opportunity employer. Murray Road offers competitive compensation and benefits and ample opportunities for personal and professional growth. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and link to any relevant work to email@example.com.